4/22/12

Call for Mentors.

OMG that muzzle. 
Injured Hedgehog and Squirrel
Yes, that's a cast.
I'd like to officially announce a new forum thread: The Official Mentor Call-Out Thread. And you don't have to be a "mentor," just a support via convo. So, on the thread people might type in what kind of what they'd like and what they have to offer... which is more nuanced that just 'advice and cheerleading about my shop', but can also be 'parenting moral support' or 'a sympathetic ear about my illness', 'someone who is funny and tough' 'someone who is kind and nurturing' 'someone who needs an ear and/or shoulder. Cuz I work at the organ donation registry.' 'Someone with high-art design instincts', 'someone into shabby chic.' etc etc. 

And leave your convo links.
Cuz there are soooo many amazing women out there that I cant' give 100% to and have so much to offer each other. Like ears and other unused organs.

I am so overwhelmed by all the convos I get, you see. I have 14 or so each time I go to the computer and it's getting me all tense again. And, like I said before, I don't wanna feel tense about chilling with my best friends. 


What do these have to do w/anything? Shut up, that's what.
<--Now I cant remember who sent me this awesomeness just, like, a day ago. She was simply inspired to expand the bangle idea to a necklace and look how awesome that penis ca... I mean that necklace came out! lol, ok, the gorgeous little sea urchin looks a little shall we say Freudian? But it's awesome. So... she had a face on her avatar I remember... you guys have no idea how many convos I've been fielding!
<- and more bracelets.

Yeah I think this shows I'm not able to keep up with all the pix people are sending cuz I know there's more I lost along the way. And this blog hop has sent thousands more folks my way. And by thousands, y'all know I mean tens, right?

24 comments:

Tribalis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tribalis said...

Ha,ha!! Come on Fanci, all of us women have our castration complex.. so, why not dream that we have the symbol of power dangling from our neck??!!


The idea of the necklace is amazing!Love it!

Numinosity said...

Got it! I put up a lampworking support thread if there's any interest.
...and I was just going to convo you about setting up an fb page for ToUruguay. You can convo me if you want me to take care of it...at your leisure ( ~right~) of course.
I can understand your overwhelmedness. It ain't easy being a maven is it. ...not that I would know.
Good on the delegating, hope it works.
xoxo Kim

Juliette said...

I am SO available for convos, support, listening, etc. It means a lot to be able help just as things are blooming for me, so to speak.

Onward! I love being a part of such a wonderfully free group.
Xoxo Juliette

JenHoney said...

Thanks for sharing my bracelets. How come they look better on your blog than mine? It's just the fanci mojo, eh?

So, you mean you weren't trying to become a celebrity/guru when you decided to make jewelry? That's silly! Now I feel better about the dozen or so times that I considered messaging you some random question/comment but was too lazy.

Consider me on board for any kind of help/support needed that I can provide. I'm at the computer talking jewelry and whatever else with people for about 47 hours a day anyway.

Convo link:
http://www.etsy.com/conversations/new?with_id=10967195

richelle said...

I want to mentor the sweet mousie and bird.

Jackie said...

Oh that sweet mousie and bird are toooooo cute!!!

Kim, for all you lucky ladies, there is a Uruguay FB page -- it's called Uruguay Haul.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/371638012880363/

I don't think I'd be much of a mentor, but I'd try.

alteredarcheology said...

Wow, thanks for featuring my penis necklace (as it shall be called from now on) Its certainly an honor to be on your blog. There are actually 2 faces on my Etsy avatar, an adorable little munchkin man and a tired looking mommy ;)

PipnMolly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beatnheart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beatnheart said...

I would be happy to be auntie to anyone out there that needs me to tell them what they outta be doing ..

Beatnhearts code:
1. Do your work that you love.
2. Don't be involved with losers of any kind
3. Be truthful to your self
4. Don't waste your precious time trying to convince others how great you are.
5. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back to your work
6. Don't dwell in the past
7. Everyday is a new day with a fresh start
8. Reinvent yourself... Your family and friends won't like it but this is for you... You can be whatever you want.
9. Know what you want
10. Go for it

Coffeefreek53 said...

Well, I think mentoring would be fabulous. I have one...........and she is the uber talented Janet from Anvil Artifacts!! I am hoping that jewelry making will be my second career! I check out etsy, all of the blogs and love the work I see from you lovely ladies. I laugh, sigh, and drool, lots of drooling; and fanci you crack me up!

As an aside, I cannot make a trip to Uruguay, but I would sure be willing to send some money for someone else to buy treasures for me!!

TesoriTrovati said...

I am glad that the bracelet hop sent tens your way. But I am sure it would be more. There was a lot of interest in your tutorial. I love that sweet bird and mouse. Too cute! And Beatnheart would be a great mentor to have. That list should be published in flyer for anyone interested in art!
Enjoy the day! Erin

PipnMolly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lela said...

I've been involved with photography for many moons.

Yes, many.

Even back when there was something called film. Yeah, I know..you've never heard of it. That's okay.

I've started a mentor thread for photography on the forum page. I'd be happy to help if I can.

Lela said...

And I forgot to say that the penis necklace rocks! As does the bracelet stack - and all the bracelets on that link. Very cool, Jenna!

Rosie Moceri said...

Lol, that penis bead may be something I sent in one of the exchanges! It looks amazing in that necklace AlteredA! I still can't find a use for them. :)

richelle said...

I think they think they're already smart enough or something. The mouse just licks my fingers and the bird just tilts his bead and tried to eat a bead.

Lela said...

This just reminded me of "Coffee Talk with Linda Richman"

I can just see marina waving her hand around saying..."talk amongst yourselves." :)

Back in the day..when SNL was funny.

Subconscious Dad said...

I Cracken! I Cracken! And if I might add: there is nothing in this shop that "sucks donkeys"...

richelle said...

Tilts his head. I meant.

fanciful devices said...

not 'cracken' dad. 'crack'. when did mom say 'i cracken?'

Lela said...

LOL!!! :-D

I love that dad guy.

Kimberly said...

OMG!! I LOVE your BLOG!! I am sure you get that lots and lots but just add me to the list of fans lol :) I really needed some inspiration and after finding your blog I am sooooo inspired so THANK YOU!! Like MANY I also make jewelry and lOVE LOVE LOVE your creations!! Also saw the forum to chat/learn from great talented artist SUPER EXCITED!! Thanks!