12/1/12

Festive Things

What with Festivus coming up and all.Once Upon a Time II. Victorian Tribal Cosmic Rustic  Afghan kuchi druzy assemblage.
Here we got some nails. Um... to commemorate Jesus' ... I'm not even gonna write it, it's too awful. And NOT the reason I use nails anyways. That would be cray-cray.Once Upon a Time. Victorian Tribal Cosmic Rustic  Afghan kuchi coin gold leaf titanium rainbow crystal roman glass assemblage.
Look at these leeeetle wired stars with pyrite and hematite:
Twinkle. Rustic Assemblage Earrings. Gypsy Grey Found Object Monochromatic.
Fancylinda made them and sent them to me! She's gonna be selling them in her shop here. Squeeeee.
Death and the Maiden. Resin Tarot Earrings.
These are some earrings depicting mini repros of perhapse the earliest complete tarot deck found, the Visconti Tarot. Look at me with the knowings. And the backs are entertaining:Death and the Maiden. Resin Tarot Earrings.
Also I reworked a couple pendants into chokers.Secrets. Cosmic Choker with Faux Raku.
Secrets. Cosmic Choker with Faux Raku.Just because Sparrow suggested it and it marinated in my skull until I had to.A Lion, a Star. Cosmic Choker with Faux Raku.
A Lion, a Star. Cosmic Choker with Faux Raku.The rainbow titanium crystal points were just made for my faux raku thing. A match made in heaven. And by heaven I mean my personal heaven, my studio.The Alchemist. Cosmic Resin Ornament in Vintage Cookie Cutter.
Here we see that I wasn't kidding when I said I'd made ornaments. They're perfect for your Pagan winter solstice celebration! Or you Hanukkah bush or whatevs.The Battle. Cosmic Alchemy Resin Ornament in Vintage Cookie Cutter.
The Battle. These odd figures are from this crazy 1400s book called Aurora Consurgens, "Rising Dawn."  Here, a figure depicting the Father/Sun jousts with the Mother/Moon. Each carry a shield depicting the other's emblem. Similar to the dots in the yin-yang, these symbolize the existence of each within the other. The orig:
I had to take a self-portrait at work in my studio for a book so I thought I'd skip the cleaning and just, you know, put some make-up on. By the way, if being in a hurry ever inspires you to dry your hair with your hardware-store grade heatgun, you should really really stop when you start to hear sizzling. All the ends of my hair are crunchy.

23 comments:

Juliette said...

Oh man. You had me with the sizzling hair. What a great picture!!

By the way, those Visconti earrings? LOVE. That was my first tarot deck (yeah, I"m that old). The pictures are so beautiful.

Happy day, sunshine. xo Juliette

La Fileuse said...

Fanci ! Wow ! Your smile is something incredible. ^^

Skye said...

The 'rainbow lion' looks fabulous as a choker :) Sparrow is one smart cookie ;)

and OMG YOU ARE SO FLIPPIN' CUTE!! lol That is the best picture ever :D

Anonymous said...

What a great, happy picture of you! I never did my hair with a heatgun, but I did once try to buff my nails with a Dremel...

I'd better get to making and listing some stars now that you've elevated them to a new level.

PipnMolly said...

Super sweet mugshot 'for a book'? Going to leave us hanging there I suppose...

Vintajia Adornments said...

Oh-wow-oh-wow me thinks taking off all the clothes and rolling nekked in the stash could be the next step

StaroftheEast said...

Truly lovely girl you are :)

Flotsam Tide said...

Ack! Look at you! So happy, your smile is infectious.... pretty lady. Ok loving the ornaments, how insane that you made some, and that the possibility exists to have a fanciful device on your tree. Awesome.

Jackie said...

Love this happy, fun picture of you! So cute!

Spirited Earth said...

uncloaking to ask...What Book?

alteredarcheology said...

"Here we got some nails. Um... to commemorate Jesus' ..." I just adore you.
Smart, funny, talented and yes beautiful too!

Numinosity said...

Hilarious post, I may have to shrinky dink your photo and put it on my tree all embezzeled and gildered and glittery. althougt you don't need glitter, you're sparkly enough laying about in your stash.
you make me smile. thank you for that.

Lela said...

Such a cute, funny pic laying in your stash!

Beatnheart said...

You are adorable...cute..pretty..betcha you cut your own hair with nailscissors and your dogs fleacomb.

boy i bet anomonyous loves the Jesus and nail reference...

beadybaby said...

this is way better than cleaning!

Lucie Tales said...

Wait a minute... a book??? Intolerable suspens!
Is your smile kind of crisped? Are there some nails just under your head making the position really incomfortable? Kidding, you're lovely!

Penelope said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMFG U R SO CUTE

Seriously that's such a gorgeous picture. I want to see it all the time. You need to start every blog post with it. That's an order. SNAP TO!

Oh the jewelry is good too. I love the nails, in combination with the hyper-shiny nebula colors. Noms.

Green Studio said...

Nice photo, fanci-woman!!!

betweenreader said...

Marina is laughing because she doesn't believe she has to clean up the mess and resort the beads into little jars and plastic boxes. And also because she is gorgeous, inside and out.

Alice said...

You've made some geat stuff. I'd love to spend a week in your studio just watching you create.

What a cute photo, and I love your hair, fried ends or not.

Tribalis said...

no feminine hummm..? look at this beautiful woman with this smile..

Rosie Moceri said...

Cute you!

Rosie Moceri said...

Cute you!