1/24/13

Chunky WIPs.

So I got a smary-pants comment---
image<<beadybaby said...   What's a "cunk"?>>   I know you expect me to claim it was a misspelling of "chunk," as if I go around making mistakes! For your information, "cunk" is a merging of "chunk" and "crunk," (see gif). It's when I dance around the studio while joining together large sized elements. eeehhh? eeeehhhh? 
Speaking of which, I got a shit-ton of random amethyst rock chooonks for next to nothing on a whim. I've been having a ball with them and some plumbers epoxy putty.
Here's a ring with a boar's tooth Flotsam gave me.

I tried to take a picture of the side view but it turned out like this:

And here's this one. So there's no focus going on today. Handle it!
 
These are fun to make but if you choose to go with the plumber's putty, be careful when you shape it or it will look like you stuck the thing together with bubble gum.
Kind of the way some polymer clay stuff looks, you know, rounded? Cartoony? Here's a little geode I got and decided to make a ring of. 
Again with the awesome focusizing.


And I used 2 little druzys (druzies?) to make sorta bell type things with the putty and some screw eyes. By now the top thirds are gold leafed. They might become earrings....

Here's a bracelet I'm working on... I think a lack of the secondary meds I lowered after lowering my primary meds is making me sluggish. I haven't had a good 8-10 hour making session since before I left for my auntie weekend... I dunno... *wanders off mumbling to self*

10 comments:

Flotsam Tide said...

Ah Sparrow is going to love the visual of that tooth, looks lovely nestled next to that amethyst shard. That gif cracks me up, GH says "Wow.. that's one way to do it...." Hmm don't worry about the low energy, it is winter, and things are suppose to move at a slower pace. You still make in circles around most...

StaroftheEast said...

May you cunk happily ever after :)

alteredarcheology said...

Wowza! Those bell druzy thingies are cool. They look so ancient. All this stuff looks ancient and wonderful. Plumbers epoxy ehhh?? Friggin' amazing.

PipnMolly said...

Druzy bells way cool. Bubble...er putty nice old crusty grown on look.
You're such a slacker... give yourself a break.

Anvil Artifacts said...

Flotsam has that right! Awesome haul of amethyst. Love the rings!

Beatnheart said...

Agree...your "low" would be supersonic for me .

Jiorji said...

you know, as a photographer, you're killing me with the blur. It hurts. Deep. sigh :(

heheee

Juliette said...

fantastic haul! Wow, thanks for the link, too. I will use her store. I adore the druzy possible earrings.

xoxo

Unknown said...

Dang - I can't dance like that...well, maybe a dirth dance when I was younger. Plumbers putty looks so fantastic with your pieces. I'm with Beatnheart, your low is me being the Flash.

beadybaby said...

LOL I've had bronchitis and insomnia for so long now I couldn't even figure that out? *crawling under my desk in shame now* :-) I think my new name for you is gonna be Cunky McCunkerton.