10/11/13

The Mixed Media Artist.

Maybe it's a self-protective reflex. After life has kicked your ass a few times, you  put away dreams and appreciate the little things. You let go childhood aspirations. But you know what the Buddhists say about letting go.
It's strange to think of myself as an actual professional artist. It feels like a dream. I still don't know how the truly lovely Mr. Apter found me or what inspired him to invite me to the party. All the other artists involved are painters, collage artists, sculptors- non-wearables, you know art-art. Some rather jaw-dropping. Which makes this even more humbling and amazing. I get flustered.
Aaaanywobbledybits... I was thinking about how answering Seth's heady questions for the book lead me to more consciously understand where I was with my making. To visually articulate what this has meant to me, I decided to make a mosaic of some of my pieces since I then. Let's call this My Year of Cosmic Tendencies.
It's chronologicalish. Click for bigger.

And now allow me to provide you with enough eye candy to last through next year's tendencies, whatever they may be:

19 comments:

Mrs Pretzel said...

Your art is STUNNING!! So excited to be part of something like this with you! :)

Aleta said...

wow. I am totally amazed. I found you through Seth Apter.... and am totally impressed!

donna joy said...

Beautiful work-glad to have "found" you through Seth!

imoneyearth said...

The stuff is really great, you see your blog is your art too, being open, vulnerable, showing your swearwords, your mental health "crap" which is very good to see, a shyness among us all to show that, yes, the jewelry is great, but you are great too!

Anonymous said...

You ARE a true artist! Your work goes beyond just being "wearables". Congratulations on the book. I see the people from Amazon haven't come to take you away for being ridiculous, so that must mean something!

ArtPropelled said...

Congratulations! I've been intrigued by your work for some time. Looking forward to seeing you in the book.

Seth said...

My book is better with you and your art being in it Marina. You fit right in with all the other all-stars!

Anvil Artifacts said...

Congrats! You are deservedly in excellent company. I'll be making a trek to the bookstore this weekend. So now I can officially say I knew you when, eh? Very happy for you.

stregata said...

Congratulations, Marina! As Anvil says, you are deservedly in excellent company. Ever since I first found you, I have been amazed and delighted by your art and your person. And I look forward to seeing the wonders you have yet to create.

StaroftheEast said...

Well done!

Lucie Tales said...

Congrats Marina! and so well deserved!

Numinosity said...

This makes me so proud to see you included in such a book! I am beaming for you.

Chris said...

Woo hooo! Awesome group-o-artists! And you belong there~~Kudos to you!

Unknown said...

You sound like most really good artists Marina - you HAVE to make it and it wouldn't matter what "little bits" were in front of you - you'd assemble them with a fantastically creative inner eye. And THAT is why Apter found you...it's unmistakable trait.

Thank You for the extra eye candy!

PipnMolly said...

Well deserved !! A lovely selection of past works too.
Beautiful.

annamei said...

You are an artist!
Believe it:)))
Congratulation!
You and your jewelry creations deserve it to be part in an artist companion.

Lela said...

BIG Congrats! Love the collage. I'm looking forward to seeing the book.

Beatnheart said...

Marnia,
so happy for you...your playing with the big kids now as you should...glad you brought us all along for your ride...You would not have been included if you didn't belong...this dude knows what he is doing ...xxc

GalleryJuana said...

Beautiful work. I am happy to be meeting everyone in Seth's book:) Congratulations!